The another major shrine in Mathura, which was erected by Seth Gokul Das Parikh, the treasurer of Gwalior estate (Scindhia) in 1814 to commemorate the deity is the famous temple of Lord dwarkadheesh (king of Dwarika). The temple building is enclosed by a beautifully carved small gateway with series of steep steps leading from the street to temple courtyard. Inside the courtyard of temple raises a plinth which is supported by a triple row of richly carved pillars and beautifully painted ceiling which gives an internal effect much like an Egyptian tomb. Presently the temple is managed by the followers of Vallabhacharya sect (to which its founder belonged). The main temple has the black marble image of lord dwarkanath (king of Dwarika) along with white marble deity of Sri Radharani. There is another small temple of shaligram within the temple courtyard. During the Shravan (July/August) month the temple is beautifully decorated in theme colours and special sight (darshan) of lord Dwarkadheesh in silver and golden swings is arranged, and this event is also called as hindola festival. Allured by its religious reverence, lots of pilgrims visit the shrine every year from different parts of the country.